Thursday, March 24, 2016

Rest Week Run

This may be longer than needs to be since I am catching up for the week.

1 - Stevens gym is on spring break which means no lifting.

2 - I am using this time to rest and recover with my ankle and leg

3 - Since I do need to get out and around, I bought an ankle wrap so that I can get back in the groove of running to the park to do exercises.

4 - Did upper body super sets of pulls/dips & rows/push ups.

5 - Did not concentrate on number of reps but more on going to failure on a set and then limiting my rest time before the next set. 

6 - Going forward, I think that a light run to the park, 50 burpees (or 5 sets of 10) and a light run home are good for cardio/rest days (Tuesday and Thursday).

7 - I will rest tomorrow, do this again on Saturday and then hit the gym on Monday.

8 - Starting Monday I need at least 15 minutes of HIIT at the end of my weight lifting sessions. The NJ Beast is a month away.

No comments:

Post a Comment