Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Arms & Shoulders - Manage What You Measure - 12 days until Tough Mudder

I am hitting a plateau with max weights and it is cutting into my number of circuits. Today I was only able to push through four circuits instead of the five which is the goal. Since I measure my results and progress on a daily basis I am seeing that an adjustment needs to be made. Going forward I will be cutting back on the max weights in order to make sure that I get my five circuits in. I am sure that my body will catch up so that I can push for heavier weights in the not too distant future.

Warm Up:

Arms & Shoulders - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.
Incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg-ups, decline crossover sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:
  • Weight: 200. Very close to 199 (not a digital scale) but not there yet.
  • Time: 50 minutes for four circuits.

  • Barbell Front Raise: max 6 reps @ 75 pounds on 4th circuit. Last time 10 reps @ 75 pounds on 4th circuit.
  • Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension: max 7 reps @ 30 on 4th circuit. Last time max 8 reps @ 30 pounds on 4th circuit.
  • Seated Barbell Shoulder Press: max 3 reps @ 85 pounds on 4th circuit. Last time max 5 reps @ 85 pounds on 5th circuit.
  • Standing Dumbbell Curl: max 5 reps @ 55 pounds on 4th circuit. Last time max 5 reps @ 55 on the 5th circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment