Thursday, October 17, 2013

Active Recovery - Long Walk

The plan before the Tough Mudder was to relax and take an entire week off from working out after the event. #fail.

The excitement of finishing under my goal time and accomplishing my fitness goals for 2013 had me so pumped up that I was back in the gym on Wednesday and ready to resume my regular routine. That might have been a mistake. 

Wednesday was fine and I was able to finish what I wanted to do at the gym but Thursday was another story. The intention was there and I was on my way to the gym for leg day but the legs and core were aching. Also, my left shoulder which was bothering me before the Tough Mudder is aching again and I think that burpees and to a lesser extent push ups are the cause.  I could have pushed through it but since I really was supposed to not work out this week I opted to take a long walk and put off working out until tomorrow. 

The updated plan is as follows:
  • Thursday  - rest
  • Friday - Arms & Shoulders
  • Saturday - Run with sprint intervals and 2 burpee, sit up & pull up sit stops at a park along the route
  • Sunday - Total Body 
  • Monday  - Rest
  • Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday back in the gym with the regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment