Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Family got me off diet / Chest & Back Day

Sunday after the run through Monday was a diet disaster since I was hosting my family. That means a lot of beer, Doritos, cheese and crackers, breakfast pastries, and large deli sandwiches. All of these things are not on the diet plan and will not help me got to my goal. I won’t feel guilty about it since it is special time with family and that is more important than fitness goals but it means that I am not making progress. In addition, they left all of the leftovers which I will finish. The plan is to have a little bit every day until we work out the bad stuff and can move on to the healthy diet.

Back to the workout:

Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine -15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.

To improve cardio incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross over sit ups, & v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:

  • Time: 75 minutes. Looking at the last time I did this routine, that is 5 more minutes which was 5 more minutes more than the previous time. I don’t understand this and I don’t understand why I am taking longer but since I am tracking it I will make sure to get this back to the goal of 60 minutes.
  • Weight: 200 pounds. Going off diet has not shown up on the scale - yet.
  • Bench Press - max 6 reps @ 165 (60 each side + 45 pound bar) on 5th circuit. Ready to move up in weight.
  • Rear Lateral Raise - **Since I messed up last Chest day and did these instead of dumbbell flys, I did the dumbbell flys this time. Max 5 reps @ 35 pounds on 5th circuit.
  • Dips & Pull Ups - maxed at 5 reps @ 5 pounds weighted dips on 5th circuit. Had a little trouble doing 15 reps and 12 reps on first 2 circuits which prevented me from moving up in weight. Pull ups continue to be a struggle as I did 4 on the first 2 circuits and then 3 on the last 3. I will become a pull up master.
  • EZ Bar Pull Over - max 6 reps @ 70 pounds (27.5 each side + 15 pound EZ Bar) on 5th circuit. Ready to move up.

No comments:

Post a Comment