Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Total Body - Last Gym Day before Tough Mudder in 4 Days

Total Body is not my favorite routine but is something I need to get through and improve on. This is the last gym workout before the Tough Mudder in four days so putting forth a best effort was important. I got through all five circuits with weight increases although the time was a bit slow.

Warm Up:

Total Body Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.

In between each set do 10 core exercises (sit-ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross over sit ups, v-ups) and at the end of each circuit do 10 burpees.

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 201 pounds. Last weight check before Tough Mudder so I will go with it. I still need to get below 200 and stay there but I will address that during my rest/offseason by getting to more pure Paleo and eliminating all carbs. Right now I will eat natural carbs such as rice, potatoes and corn.
  • Time: 75 minutes. Did all five circuits by resting more in between sets.
  • Barbell High Pull: max 10 reps @ 105 on fifth circuit. Last time max 10 reps @ 100 pounds on 4th circuit
  • Dumbbell Curl to Lunge to Press: max 7 reps @ 20 pounds on fifth circuit. Last time 10 reps @ 15 pounds on 3rd circuit
  • Elevated Feet Press: max 9 reps @ 65 pounds on fifth circuit. Last time 10 reps @ 45 pounds on 3rd circuit
  • Side Lunge & Press: max six reps @ 20 pounds on fourth circuit. Last time 10 reps @ 15 pounds on 3rd circuit

No comments:

Post a Comment