Thursday, October 10, 2013

Short Run - Last Blog & Exercise Post before Tough Mudder in 3 Days

The original plan was to rest today and tomorrow before the Tough Mudder on Saturday but I changed plans last night and decided to get out and get the blood pumping today before resting tomorrow. I did a short jog of about 30 minutes with no hills, steps, incline or sprints. My perceived benefits include:

1 - Get the blood pumping and the metabolism going. I weighed in at 201 yesterday and although I will not weigh myself until I get back to the gym several days after the Tough Mudder, I can tell myself that between this exercise and keeping a good diet for the next two days that I ran the TM at 200. This is an improvement over the 230 pounds I weighed last year. 

2 - The temperature today is cooler (mid 50s) than it has been for the past several months. Saturday's temp should be the same. I just adjusted to the weather. A breathable long sleeve running shirt is the plan. 

3 - Running always clears my mind. Good thinking time. 

So, I have a healthy lunch today, will stay away from snacks after a healthy dinner tonight, same with tomorrow and both days will make sure I get my sleep.

Last year I did the Tough Mudder in about 3:15. After another year of training and 30 less pounds I expect to get this done in under 3 hours. Should be easily accomplished. Wish me luck. I will make sure to post any pictures I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment