Sunday, October 27, 2013

Saturday Run & Sunday Total Body

Saturday was my run day and I fully intended to have a couple of burpee stops but I chickened out. I felt the after effects of my leg day this week so I could only run for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Lets call it a little over 6 miles. Could have done worse with an aching left leg.

Sunday I went into the gym for my Total Body workout. Good news is that I am completing all 5 circuits with regularity after having trouble getting past 3 circuits a couple of weeks ago. #Progress.

Also, hit this workout with a great pace. Yesterday I posted a leg workout that consisted of 20 Body weight squares, 20 Lunges, 20 Harvard Step Ups, and 20 Squat Jumps. I said that would be a good workout done a couple of times. Today I realized that I do 40 body weight squats during my warm up and my entire routine is designed not to have rest in between sets. The workout that I liked was a step down from what I regularly do. The first time the weather gets bad (cold) I plan on running a mile on the treadmill and then doing that circuit. My goal should be to do that mile & circuit 6 - 8 times if not more. 

Warm Up:
Total Body Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.

In between each set do 10 core exercises (sit-ups, Elevated Feet Russian Twists with weights, leg ups, decline crossover sit ups, v-ups) and at the end of each circuit do 10 burpees.

Notes / Results:

  • Time: 60 Minutes
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Snatch - max 6 reps @ 45 on 5th cycle. 45 has been a battle but time to move up in weight here.
  • Barbell Straight Leg Dead Lift to Row - max 6 reps @ 105 on 5th circuit. Did this last time at 105. Moving up here. Not close to max.
  • Barbell Front Squat to Push Press - max 6 reps @ 85 pounds on 5th circuit. This is more impressive than it sounds (for me) since I increased range by getting my butt down to a bench for each rep.
  • Elevated Feet Push Press - max 6 reps @ 65 on 5th circuit. Got killed when I tried 75. Nevertheless good success @ 65 and need to press forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment