Saturday, October 19, 2013

Endurance Training - 2 hour, 15 minute run

The original plan was to run and incorporate sprints and a couple of burpee, sit up, pull up & push up stops. The run started with the best of intentions but the plan changed quickly. Not because of wimping out or being tired, but because of the focus and purpose of the exercise day. 

If you follow the Spartan WODs, then you know that they advocate endurance training on Saturdays (or once a week). 2 hours for Super Spartan, 3 hours for Spartan Beast. Run, walk, whatever for the given amount of time. 

With that in mind I abandoned any extra activities and focused on just running. And I ran the entire 2 hours and 15 minutes until my knee started bothering me. Exhaustion did not make me stop an dmy muscles were still feeling fine but the pounding of running eventually got to my knee.

The lesson learned is that weighing 195 instead of 200 makes a difference and that my goal weight for the Beast is 185. #backtothediet

No comments:

Post a Comment