Thursday, October 24, 2013

Signed up for 2014 Tri State Tough Mudder - Arms & Shoulders

Well, getting off diet has finally caught up with me. 201 pounds. The good news is that today is the last day that I am working through leftovers so I will be back to plan tomorrow.

Glad that I got my entire workout in this morning since I got to the gym late, engaged in a conversation with a friend for longer than I would have liked and got a late start. I was going to cut things off early to save time, but, since I was feeling very good, decided to get through the whole workout.

I am also noticing that I am hitting my max on a lot of these exercises and making notes that I should go up in weight next time. Must mean that I am not pushing myself every day. That is okay since I consider this the beginning of the training year and there is plenty of time to kill myself for maximum gains over the next 11 months.

And I signed up for Tough Mudder 2014 at the early bird rate. I am locked in for Sunday the 12th at 9 am. I am not sure that matters if the bibs don’t indicate starting days or times but I am comfortable sticking with that plan. I doubt that I will go at that time since I am sure my schedule will change as I find people to do the Mudder with.

Warm Up:



Arms & Shoulders Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.


Incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists, leg ups, decline cross over sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 60 minutes. Good time. I wish they were all like this.
  • Weight: 201. Tomorrow I am back on the diet plan and limiting carbs. Need to get to 195.
  • Incline Dumbbell Curl: max 6 reps @ 40 on 5th circuit. Could have gone higher here but am still adjusting to new routine with higher reps on earlier circuits.
  • Dumbbell Shoulder Press: max 6 reps @ 35 on 5th. Same as above.
  • Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension: max 6 reps @ 35 pounds on 5th circuit. Same as above.
  • Lateral Raise: max 2 reps @ 35 on 5th circuit. I did max out here. Looking at past notes I have not had success @ 35 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment