Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Weekend Run - Chest/Back Monday - 5 days to Tough Mudder

Falling behind on my blogging so here is the weekend and Monday recap. Last time I was in the gym was Thursday for Leg Day (which was supposed to be Wednesday but I was tired so I rested). Chest / Back day was supposed to be Firday but again I did not have the energy to do it so I took another day off. Saturday I made sure that I ran - a light run close to but less than an hour, flat, outside. Sunday I rested again and Monday made it back into the gym for last week’s Chest/Back. I did 60 minutes of Chest/Back which came out to four circuits and not the five I really need to be doing.

Rationalization: This is a marathon and not a sprint. Recently life has thrown me some challenges that take working out down a notch on the priority list. I slept for 10 and 11 hours on Saturday and Sunday which is rare for me. My body needed the rest and time off. I have trained all year for the Super Spartan and Tough Mudder and with only the Tough Mudder to go I am ready. A healthy and rested me is going to do better than someone who is more focused on accomplishing their day to day workout goals. I will be fresh for Saturday, let my body and mind catch up, and then get back to pushing for improvements.

Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.
Incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross-over sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 201. I am pretty much where I want to be. Would like to weight a little less but I can’t complain since last year for the Tough Mudder I was at 230.
  • Time: 60 minutes. Only did four circuits. Last time when I did five circuits, this routine took me 70 minutes.
  • Incline Bench Press - max 10 reps @ 145 (50 each side + bar) on fourth circuit. Last time max 9 reps @ 145 on fifth circuit.
  • Underhand Lateral Pull Downs - max 10 reps @ 180 on fourth circuit. Last time max 6 reps @ 195 on 5th circuit.
  • Decline Dumbbell Flys -max 7 reps @ 35 on fourth circuit. Last time max 5 reps @ 40 pounds on 5th circuit.
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Row - max 10 reps @ 65 on fourth circuit. Last time max 8 reps @ 70 pounds on 4th circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment