Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Leg Day - Muscled through a tough day at the gym

Getting through today was a real bear. I was out late last night and up early this morning to get this workout in. Time was way off at 75 minutes but just muscling through it was an accomplishment.

An improvement to note is that due to this article (http://hubpages.com/hub/Monkey-Bar-Training-For-Spartan-Race-And-Tough-Mudderon exercises that improve one's ability to do monkey bars in the Spartan and Funky Monkey in the Tough Mudder I improved my leg lifts from using an apparatus to a hanging leg raise from a bar. 


Warm Up:


Leg Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.




Do 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, hanging leg lifts, decline crossover sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.


Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 202. Down from yesterday’s 203 but the last time I did this circuit I was at 200. I am more focused on my diet now and expect to drop weight quickly in the near term to get to 195 by Thanksgiving. This blog holds me accountable.
  • Time: 75 minutes. Last time was 70 minutes. Goal is to get to 60. Again, today was not my day and just finishing this workout was an accomplishment.
  • Overhead Squat - max 6 reps @ 65 pounds on 5th circuit. Lower weights on the first circuit was giving me problems so it was tough to advance. Last time I got to 85 pounds. I can move up from my 65 but I fell well short of a max weight today.
  • Deadlift - max 6 reps @ 185 (140 + bar) on 5th circuit. Ready to move up here since I have maxed at this weight before.
  • Squat Cleans - max 6 reps @ 75 on 5th circuit. Same as above. Ready to move up here since I have maxed at this weight before.
  • Straight Leg Deadlift - max 6 reps @ 185 (140 + bar) on 5th circuit. Same as above. Ready to move up here since I have maxed at this weight before.

No comments:

Post a Comment