Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Arms Giving Out on Leg Day

Good leg day. Took too long and I considered cutting it short but decided that it is trudging through days like this that get me to where I want to go.

Biggest muscle failure is coming from my arms. Holding dumbbells for the side lunge, forward & reverse lunge, step ups, towel pull ups and toes to bar is taxing my grip strength. I cut my 5th circuit of forward and reverse lunges short because I could not hold the dumbbells anymore. On the toes to bar I was not able to continue to hold myself up on the 3rd set and had to end at 5 reps. I am only as strong as my weakest muscle so I am sure that I will get through this.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.

Incorporate 10 core reps in between each set and 10 burpees (w/ 8 pounds dumbbells in each hand) at the end of each circuit:


Notes / Results:
  • Time: 80 minutes. Need to get the time down. I am starting to pay attention to how much time I am taking for warm ups and how much time for each circuit.
  • Weight: 200.

  • Goblet Squat - max 6 reps @ 70 pounds on 5th circuit. 5 pound increaes in personal record here and I can go higher next time.
  • Side Lunge - max 6 reps @ 40 on 5th circuit. Another record and ready to go higher.
  • Forward & Reverse Lunge - max 5 reps @ 40 pounds on 3rd circuit. Increased weight from last time but my arms gave out on 5th circuit.
  • Step Ups - Max 6 reps @ 40 pounds on 5th circuit. Ready to go heavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment