Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Leg Day

Got 5 good circuits in hitting or surpassing my previous highs and ready to go higher on most. Recovered a bit from Toes-To-Bar and had 3 good sets of between 7 - 9 reps each time. I am getting a little slow on the burpees with 8 pound weights so need to continue to battle through that.  

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.


Incorporate 10 core reps in between each set and 10 burpees (w/ 8 pounds dumbbells in each hand) at the end of each circuit:

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 75 minutes. I didn’t slack. My workouts are just this long. I I want to reduce my time I have to do less.
  • Weight: 200
  • Machine Squats - max 6 reps @ 250 on 5th cycle. Matched previous record and am ready to go higher.
  • Barbell Deadlift - max 6 reps @ 195 (75 each side + bar) on 5th circuit. Ready to go higher. I have completed heavier weights on this previously but took a step back at some point.
  • Barbell Lunges - max 6 reps @ 95 on fourth circuit. New record and I can go higher next time.
  • Straight Leg Deadlift - max 6 reps @ 195 (75 each side + bar) on 5th circuit. New record and ready to go higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment