Saturday, December 21, 2013

Kettlebell Saturday

Got a great Kettlebell workout in today and was surprised to find out it took all 60 minutes. No time for Tabata. I kept an great pace but maybe there was just a little too much to try and squeeze in anything else. Big picture, I am glad that I am getting my gym workouts to 60 minutes.
I am loving these Kettlebell workouts. 3 times during the week I am working the major muscle groups and Kettlebells are targeting and working what seems like every other muscle that is getting ignored. I use lighter weights but am more exhausted at the end.
Warm Up:


Do 5 circuits increasing weight each circuit until hitting a maximum.


Notes & Results:

  • Time: 60 minutes
  • Swing & Catch Goblet Squat: max 11 reps w/ 24 kg on 5th circuit.
  • Clean & Press: max 10 reps w/ 18 kg on 5th circuit
  • Windmill: max 10 reps w/ 18kg on 5th circuit
  • Turkish Get Up: max 5 reps w/ 12kgs on 3rd & 4th circuit. Could only do 3 reps on 5th circuit w/ 12kg
  • Deadlift & Row: max 10 reps w/ 18kg on 5th circuit. Balance is always the key here.
  • No Tabata but I had a cool one lined up with burpees, toes-to-bar, dips & jumping lunges. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment