Monday, December 9, 2013

Chest & Back Day

Changed my plan from the end of the week and took Sunday as a rest day and started my gym routine on Monday. This means Monday Tuesday, Wednesday are gym days with rest on Tuesday as opposed to the Tuesday - Thursday schedule. What makes this fun is that I will do a Kettlebell routine on Friday and Sunday with a long run / endurance workout on Saturday. Its the little things that get me excited.

Increased my max weights across the board but the killer part of the workout was the burpees and Toes-To-Bar. I did a great job with them on Saturday but it all caught up to me today. Nevertheless we press on.

Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.


Incorporate 10 core reps in between each set and 10 burpees (w/ 8 pounds dumbbells in each hand) at the end of each circuit:

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 202
  • Time: 70 minutes. 5 minutes more than last time. I am coming up with ideas on how to get my times down and may start actually doing something about it soon.
  • Bench Press - max 6 reps @ 175 (65 each side + bar). Improvement over last time but am going to hold here for now.
  • Lateral Pull Downs - max 4 reps on the 5th circuit @ 210. Improvement over last time but am going to hold here for now since I didn’t get all 6 reps in.
  • Dumbbell Flys - max 6 reps @ 40 pounds on 5th circuit. Improvement over last time but am going to hold here for now.
  • Barbell Dumbbell Row - max 6 reps @ 135 (60 each side + 15 pound EZ Bar) on 5th circuit. Still moving up to find my maximum.

No comments:

Post a Comment