Friday, December 13, 2013

My Gym Closed! & Kettlebell workout

Got to my “Average Joes Gym” and found out that it was licked up and permanently closed! This immediately forces a change in my routine. I crossed the street (almost literally) and went to “Globo Gym” to ask about their pricing and plans. Since I was there too early for anyone to talk to me, they let me in to do a workout.
Since this is the first time for me doing this workout and I was in a new area, I really didn't push myself as hard as I could.
Also, on Toes-To-Bar, I did 5 sets of 5 reps. This is down from previous number of reps but my shoulders were not supporting me.
Warm Up:
5 circuits with 10 burpees at the end of each circuit
Got this workout from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from his YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.

Notes / Results:

  • Did not track time or weight since this was my first time at a new gym and just wanted to get through everything
  • Kettlebell Swings - max 18 kg/40 lbs but I can easily go higher
  • Forward Lunges - max 18kg/40 lbs but I can easily go higher here
  • Kettlebell High Pulls - max 18kg/40 lbs. Won’t go higher here yet since I did not do it under control
  • Goblet Squat - max 13 reps at 24kg/50 lbs
  • Kettlebell Clean and Press - max 4 reps @ 18kg/40 pounds on left (full 10 on right)

No comments:

Post a Comment