Tuesday, December 17, 2013

New Routine -Chest & Tabata

With the new gym I am starting new workout routines. Instead of circuits, I am doing 4 sets of each exercise individually, keeping a good pace and eliminating the core exercises and burpees inside the circuits. This should make the focus more on strength gains and considerably reduce the time it takes to complete the workout.

I didn’t write down previous highs on my scoresheet when I went to the gym today so I had to guess what weights I was aiming for. I was close but I found that not doing circuits gives muscle groups less time to rest and hitting my max was more difficult.

I added tabata at the end of the workout to get to 1 hour a day. Good for cardio. I like it and will be getting creative with the exercises I use in it.
Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine -15 reps 1st set (warm up for form), 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each set.
Tabata:
  • Push Ups
  • Squats
  • Burpees
  • Sit Ups

Notes / Results:

  • Time: 60 minutes.
  • Weight: 201 pounds.
  • Decline Bench Press - max 4 reps @ 165 (60 each side + 45 pound bar) on 5th circuit. Had reached 175 last time.
  • Rear Lateral Raise - Max 6 reps @ 35 pounds on 5th circuit. Matched a high on weight. Poor form. Not ready to move up.
  • Dips - 15, 8, 10, 6. No weight to add here. Will probably find a substitute exercise next time I do this routine.
  • Pull Ups - 5, 4, 2, 3.
  • EZ Bar Pull Over - max 6 reps @ 70 pounds on 5th circuit. Had reached 85 pounds last time but I was guessing here.
  • 2 rounds of tabata to get to 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment