Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Legs & Box Tabata

Great workout. I surprised myself with what I was able to do. Just wish it didn’t take as long so that I could get more rounds of Tabata in. Only did one.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - 15 reps 1st set (light weight for warm up and form), 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each set. Do 5 circuits.


Box Tabata
  • Decline Push Ups
  • Box Jumps
  • Triceps Push Ups
  • Step Ups

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 200
  • Time: 60 minutes
  • Barbell Squats: Max 6 reps @ 145 (50 pounds each side + 45 pound bar) on 5th circuit with full range of motion. Need to get more aggressive with moving up in weight. This was a 25 pound jump from last time and I am not close to hitting a max.  
  • Straight Leg Barbell Deadlift: max 6 reps @ 195 (75 each side with 45 pound bar) on 5th set. This matched a previous high. I can go higher here but am having the most problems with gripping the bar. Legs can take more.
  • Machine Calf Extension: max 6 reps @ 190 on 5th set. New high and I continue to increase weight on this exercise.
  • Dumbbell Step Up: max 4 reps @ 45 (each hand) on 5th set. Very proud here since I used a new box that is higher than I was previously using. 45 in a weight increase over previous max.
  • 1 round of Tabata

No comments:

Post a Comment