Sunday, December 15, 2013

Loving the Kettlebells!

I am loving my kettlebell workouts due to the way that they work my stabilizing muscles. Specifically for the Balance Row and Single Leg Deadlifts they were difficult not for the main muscle groups that they are supposed to exercise but the muscles in teh side of my leg that are giving me balance.
Also, threw down my Toes-To-Bar  and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.
Saturday's workout was nothing to get excited about. Did my Toes-To Bar workout challenge and my 30 burpees along with 3 miles on the treadmill. Then went home. I was exhausted all day. Got a good night's sleep and felt like that it contributed to a much better workout on Sunday.

Warm Up:

5 circuits followed by 10 burpees and 10 Toes-To-Bar at the end of each circuit


Notes / Results:

  • This is the first time that I am doing this routine so this was about learning how to pace myself to get to the most effective workout
  • Did not look at time (my bad) and did not weigh myself since my new gym doesn’t have a scale. I bought a scale for the home today
  • Swing Clean & Press: max @ 18 kg. Can go higher.
  • Balance Row: max @ 18kg. Can go higher. Balance is most difficult.
  • Lunge & Press: max 6 reps @ 18kg on 5th circuit. Did 8 reps on right side and only 6 on left.
  • Single Leg Deadlift: max @ 18kg. Can go higher here as long as I can keep my balance.
  • Squats: max @ 18kg. Easy to go higher here.

No comments:

Post a Comment