Sunday, April 6, 2014

2 Hour Run with a Weight Belt - Spring has Sprung

I am now finally getting to be able to do the outdoor workouts that I have been dreaming about this entire snow filled winter. Last week I bought an adjustable weight belt that goes up to 10 pounds. Saturday, I used it during my endurance workout which was running outside for just a little over two hours. I started at two pounds and plan to increase the weight each week by two pounds.

Although it was only a two pound adjustment, I really felt it at the end of my run. Running isn't easy for me and adding a weight belt made me really feel the gains. My legs were dead and I knew that the best thing that I could do was to get protein to them to help my recovery. Since I eat clean, I don't have any protein shakes or supplements so I cracked open a raw egg and ate it straight. First time ever doing something like that.

I am glad that I am dong this and I can't wait to get to four pounds next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment