Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Kettle Bell HIIT/VO2 Max/Fartlek/Cardio/Whatever

I will pat myself on the back when it comes to my workouts. I find a focus and stick to it for that day. I go about my strength days with an emphasis on how to get stronger. My HIIT/cardio/VO2 Max/Fartlek days are about high intensity with little rest. My endurance days are about doing something for a long time. This differs from Crossfit and other programs that try to jam everything into one day every day. I have developed a good training program. Exercise is fine. Training for something is different.
Went light today to make sure that I kept a good pace and was able to complete all 5 sets. The focus was higher reps and minimize rest for high intensity. After leg day yesterday there was no need to push for the heaviest weights.
This Kettlebell workout came from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from this trainer’s YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.
Warm Up:
Circuit with sets of 10. At the end of each circuit did 10 burpees.


Notes / Results:
  • Time: 60 minutes.
  • Weight: 193 pounds ** I was at a plateau of 194 a few weeks ago until breaking through (suddenly) to 191. I held that for a little less than a week before a family get together sabotaged it and I shot back up to 196. Finally I am down to 193 and hope to continue the trend into the 180s. My made up goal for this year’s races is 185. Am I sacrificing muscle gains by losing weight at this point? Can I get stronger and go lower than 185? We shall see. I am obviously tracking my results so I can make adjustments to my expectations. **
** All weight in KGs**
  • Turkish Get Ups: Sets: 8, 8, 10, 10, 8.
  • Kettlebell Swings: 10, 12, 16, 18, 18
  • Reverse Lunges: 10, 12, 12, 16, 12
  • High Pulls: 10, 12, 12, 16, 16
  • Squats: 12, 12, 5@16/10@12/5@16, 12, 12


No comments:

Post a Comment