Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Simplified Leg Day

With my focus on strength and olympic lifting, I have eliminated isolation exercises and am focused on lifts that have more bang for the buck. I am also paying less attention to time in between sets with these workouts to focus more on total weight lifted.


The one adjustment that I will probably make going forward is to add elevated feet mason twists. The reason being that all of my exercises have a straight forward or up and down motion. I read that the majority of back injuries occur while twisting. I don’t have back problems but adding an exercise that proactively addresses this potential problem may be a  good idea.


At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter since the most important thing is that I get after it every day. Everything will be fine in the end.


Warm Up:


Leg Routine - Do 1 set at ½ weight for ten reps to warm up and focus on form, then 5 sets of 5 reps each at max weight.




Notes / Results:
  • Time: 60 minutes.
  • Weight: 194
  • Squats - Sets: 10@45, 75, 85, 95, 105, 115, 4@125
  • Deadlift - Sets: 205, 215, 225, 235, 245**same as last week
  • Step Ups
    • Previous high: 55 Goal: was 50, need to get to 60
    • Sets: 45, 50, 55, 55, 55

No comments:

Post a Comment