Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Awesome New HIIT Workout @ Soccer Field / Track

My birthday is coming up so I treated myself to new trail running shoes (sorry Reebok Spartan shoes but I went with something basic) and a weight vest. While shopping at the Sports Authority I found this beauty in the clearance bin:

rip60.jpg

Combine that with my new weight vest:

perfectweightvest.jpg

and the Speed Sack:

speedsack.jpg

and we are ready to go with many great possibilities for new workouts at the football field with a track, pull up bars and parallel bars at the playground.

Everything was done while wearing the weight vest which I started at two pounds. I plan to add two pounds a week until I hit the max of 20.

Run around the track

Warm Up:

Workout Circuit:
  • Run around the track
  • 50 yard sprint with 10 pound Speed Sack
  • 10 Burpees
  • 10 Sit Ups with 10 pound Power Pack above head
  • 20 Box jumps (onto bench on side of field)
  • 10 Russian Twists with 10 pound Power Pack
  • 20 Deadlift to Press with 10 pound Power Pack
  • 50 yard lunges with 10 pound Speed Sack
  • Run to playground
  • AMAP Pull Ups
  • AMAP across parallel bars
  • AMAP Chin Ups
  • AMAP Dips (using 1 parallel bar - bar in front to simulate getting over a wall)

  • Repeat with 20 pound Speed Sack & 15 pound Power Pack
  • Repeat with 30 pound Speed Sack & 20 pound Power Pack

  • Finisher: 30 Burpees

  • Time: 70 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment