Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kettle Bell HIIT Tuesday

When scheduling my workouts for the week I saw that there was a 30% chance of rain for this morning so I mentally decided yesterday that today I would do another Kettle Bell HIIT workout in the gym instead of getting outside to the football field/track for the sprint/speed sack/weight vest/ rip:60 HIIT workout. Turns out that today fell into the 70% chance of no rain so I should have gone outside. Funny thing is that I was mentally programmed to do the Kettle Bell so I went to the gym. Football field workout on Thursday is still in the plans.
I may have been able to go a little bit heavier on the weights but I kept a good pace with little rest. That is the purpose of the workout. I felt pretty good today but I was dead yesterday after my Leg Strength workout so I didn’t feel like finding my failure point.  
This Kettlebell workout came from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from this trainer’s YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.
Warm Up:
Circuit with sets of 10. At the end of each circuit did 10 burpees.

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 60 minutes.
  • Weight: 193 pounds
** All weight in KGs**

  • Turkish Get Ups: Sets: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
  • 1 Arm Kettlebell Swings: 10, 12, 16, 16, 16
  • Reverse Lunges: 10, 12, 16, 16, 16
  • High Pulls: 10, 12, 16, 16, 16
  • Squats: 10, 12, 16, 16, 16

No comments:

Post a Comment