Tuesday, May 27, 2014

More Bad Ass Than My Brother In Law - Leg Day

My weakness is in my lower back and that is why I am using poor form for both squats and deadlift. To correct and improve I am shifting my weight lower and my reps higher. I like a 15/12/10/8/6 rep per set formula. It worked well for me last year so I am going back to it as I build up my strength with good form. I can also move through sets quickly which builds my conditioning.

I was going to do step ups for weight but didn’t feel like it so I went home. Skipped my 30 Burpeee finisher too.

At the end of the day this is fun. I am not a professional athlete and I never will be. The analysis, execution and recording of a fitness program is a big game. The side benefits are fantastic including looking good at the beach, completing obstacle races, and being more bad ass than my brother in law. The being more bad ass than my brother in law is not a specific competition but one that I think every competitive married man has in the back of their head.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - Do 1 set at ½ weight for ten reps to warm up and focus on form, then 5 sets of 5 reps each at max weight.


Notes / Results:
  • Time: 35 minutes
  • Weight: 195

  • Squats
    • Previous High:3@165
    • Sets: 15@45, 12@50, 10@55, 8@60, 6@20
  • Deadlift
    • Previous High: 275
    • Sets: 15@135, 12@145, 10@155, 8@165, 6@175

No comments:

Post a Comment