Friday, January 2, 2015

Leg Day with New Set Rep Scheme

This is getting tough. I don’t know if it is the stress of the holidays or being thrown off my routine or burnout of whatever but I am finding it difficult to follow my set/rep routine and get close to my max loads recently. I may have to go to 3x10 and progress from there for a month before returning to my regularly scheduled program.

I am really thinking about scrapping this periodization program and just doing more reps at lighter loads but then that is what I am going to be doing from March through September.

At the end of the day my greatest attribute is that I am doing it and doing it consistently. Whatever it is.

Finally, I just figured out how much total weight I was lifting with my previous set/rep scheme and divided it by 50 to determine what I should be doing in 250s or 5 sets of 10. The 12/10/8/5/3 scheme adds up to 38 reps. Maybe I will do 5x10s for the month of January and then go back to 12/10/8/5/3 for Feb and switch to 250s in March.

Warm Up:

Strength Exercises

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Weight: 204

  • Deadlift
    • Previous High: 2@325
    • Sets: 12@245, 8@260, 5@255
  • Squats
    • Previous High: 3@200
    • 3x10 @ 135

No comments:

Post a Comment