Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Carpe Diem - Football Field Conditioning

Big decisions needed to be made to decide which workout to go with today. Tomorrow is supposed to rain but will it rain during the morning? What are the weekend plans and when can I get my trail running in? I did a strength training with legs yesterday, do I go with upper body strength or a conditioning workout today? These are the big questions that keep me up at night.

Carpe diem. I seized the day and went to the football field with my speed sack, rip 60 power pack and my weight vest for a conditioning workout. I did basically the same as I did last week with the exception of the additional weight. Great workout and I always get stares from the joggers/runners making their way around the track. I know that they are jealous.

“No pain, no gain” is really not the best mantra but I know that I gave it max effort since my left leg near the hamstring/glutes is really barking. Tomorrow is a rest day, Friday is upper body strength, Saturday is kettlebell conditioning and Sunday is trail running. Plenty of time to recover.

Warm Up:

Workout Circuit all done while wearing 6 pound weight vest:
  • AMAP Pull Ups
  • AMAP Dips
  • AMAP Chin Ups
  • AMAP Leg Ups
  • Run around the track to make sure legs are warmed up
  • 50 yard sprint with 30 pound speed sack
  • 10 Sit Ups with 20 pound rip:60
  • 10 Box jumps (onto bench on side of field)
  • 10 Russian Twists with 20 pound rip:60
  • Shuttle Runs: 10 yards & back, 20 yards & back, 10 yards & back
  • 20 Straight leg deadlift to push press with 20 pound rip:60
  • 50 yard lunges with 30 pound speed sack

Repeated Circuit 3 times

  • Finisher: 10 broad jump Burpees with weight vest, 8 broad jump burpees without weight vest, 12 burpees without weight vest. My leg started barking after the 8 broad jump burpees and I took a little rest. Almost ended the workout there but convinced myself to finish off the final 12 burpees

  • Time: 75 minutes - but that included walk to and from car.

No comments:

Post a Comment