Friday, June 13, 2014

Quick Rant on WODs + Leg Day

Quick rant on WODs. Working out is great and doing anything is 1000% better than doing nothing. That said, if you are training for something then you should tailor your workout to your goal. Take my friend, the Spartan Race. They have their WODs sent to your email inbox. I understand that they want to get people off the couch and participating in their races. I understand that many people need some sort of guideline as to what to do to prepare themselves. I guess that it is worthless to me since I don’t need those guidelines.

There is a Spartan instructor lead gym and a BattleFrog fitness instructor who are offering WODs with them to promote the sport. Great but, again, those workouts are not necessarily geared to where I am and where I am going. Let me also add to this list any pre packaged workout program, CrossFit and 12 Weeks to Great [fill in the blank]. What are you supposed to do on week 13?

I rant because I read a lot and see a lot of these things marketed and although it is constantly in my face it is worthless to me and this is my way of striking back. Nuff said.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - Switched to a reps per set of 20 / 15 / 10 / 5 / 3


Notes / Results:
  • Time: 55 minutes
  • Weight: 193. Goal is 190 and I have been fighting for what seems like forever to get there but am taking pride in not seeing 195 in quite some time.

  • Squats - Stepped it up in weight on the lower rep sets and can continue to go higher.
    • Previous High:3@165
    • Sets: 20@45, 15@55, 10@75*, 5@95*, 3@135*
  • Deadlift - Stepped it up in weight on the lower rep sets and can continue to go higher.
    • Previous High: 5@275
    • Sets: 20@135, 15@145*, 10@165*, 5@185*, 3@215*
  • Step Ups
    • Previous high: 3@60
    • Sets: 45, 50, 55, 55, 4@55
  • Finisher: 30 Burpees

No comments:

Post a Comment