Friday, June 20, 2014

Killer Kettlebell Conditioning - Weight milestone achieved

If I ever die due to heart failure, it will be during one of these kettle bell workouts. I kept a great pace even though I took five minutes longer than the last time. One minor difference is that last time I only did four circuits of goblet squats instead of the five that I did this time but I don’t think that accounts for five minutes.
I considered stopping after three circuits but am glad that I pushed through all five. Another thing that I may need to watch is that I had a pain/twinge in the back of my left knee and up the inside part of my hamstring after warming up on body weight squats. It didn’t bother me the rest of the workout and tomorrow is a rest day so I am not going to worry about it. Probably shouldn’t even mention it.
Finally, I reached a milestone by weighing in at 190. Not even a barely 190, but a solid 190. Closer to 189 than 191. Holding on may be tough since there are donuts in the office today and I have an ice cream date with my daughter tonight. I will do my best but we will see how it goes.
Warm Up:

Got this workout from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from his YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettle bell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 60 minutes
  • Weight: 190
**All weights in kg**

  • Swings - Sets: 12, 16, 18, 18, 18
  • Forward Lunges - Sets: 12, 16, 18, 18, 18
  • High Pulls - Sets: 12, 16, 18, 18, 18
  • Goblet Squat - 12, 16, 18, 18, 18
  • Clean and Press - Sets: 12, 16, 18, 18, 18
  • 10 Burpees at the end of each circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment