Monday, February 9, 2015

Bench 5/3/1 Cycle 1, Week 3

The sandbag stairs workout yesterday really took a lot out of me and made me feel like I should have rested today. Instead, I took the advice of the 5/3/1 program designer and just did my 1 lift before going home. If this program works, I am really going to enjoy its flexibility. 

I read up on developing explosive power and instead of doing extra exercises like box jumps and clap push ups, I decided that I could use the lighter weights that the 5/3/1 program builds itself around to do the big lifts explosively. Specifically in the 1st 2 work sets since the last set is for AMRAP.

The success of my week needs to be determined by my workouts on Wednesday and Friday. I need to hit my big lifts and do full assistance work.

Warm Up: 5 minutes rowing, 10 push ups 

Bench: 5@60. 5@75, 3@90, 5@115, 3@130, 7@145

Time: 20 minutes
Weight: 205

No comments:

Post a Comment