Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Tuesday Deadlifts - Back to it

Life sure likes to get in the way of my lifting hobby. I left the gym early about a week ago when my shoulder was in pain with a reaccurance of the injury I had in July. I then rested as I was in training in San Antonio last week and only did some bike ride cardio two days of the week. I got home and did some conditioning work on Saturday. On Sunday I tried to run but something in my foot popped when I tried to sprint 1/2 mile into the run. Shut it down immediately. I took Monday off since I was still hurting and I wanted to be around for my daughter's first day of school. Got back to the gym on Tuesday but since this was the first day of me dropping off my daughter to school and getting to a new office in Tomball, I just did a warm up, and deadlifts with ten push ups for each set. Didn't push myself with the deadlifts as I don't want to reinjure my shoulder so I didn't go hard and heavy and cut it short at 8 sets once I started to feel it. Ideally, i'd like to push myself a bit more. It would also benefit me to do some conditioning and a sport specific finisher like Monkey Bars or Farmer's Carry. 

Time: 30 minutes

Deadlifts: 5@45, 5@55, 5@70, 5@80, 5@90, 5@100, 5@105, 5@100
10 Push Up Super Set

No comments:

Post a Comment