Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thursday - Just Squats

Was feeling great and ready to do some conditioning work but life happened and I had to leave the gym early. Thankfully, I had decided to do some extra Squats after my assigned sets so I felt like today was not a total waste.

This was the heavy day for Squats in the 5/3/1 Cycle. I only got 2 reps in but that is double what I am supposed to loft although less than my other maxs. I shouldn't overthink - just survive and advance.

I like the idea of doing more work with lighter weights after the main sets. This is especially true for Squats and Deadlifts. I think that I may be incorporating this into my routine going forward.

Time: 30 minutes

Warm Up: 50 Jumping Jacks / 40 Squats / 30 Sit Ups / 20 Push Ups / 10 Burpees

Squats: 5@32.5 / 5@45 / 3@60 / 5@80 / 3@92.5 / 2@105

Squats: 3 x 10 @45

No comments:

Post a Comment