Sunday, November 17, 2013

2 Hour Run + Burpees on Saturday / 30 minutes Total Body Sunday

Overall, the weekend workouts were successful. I stretched my Saturday long run to the furthest that I have been able to handle to date. When I began the pan was to incorporate 2 burpee ladders into it. I scratched that plan in the beginning and decided to just run for distance and not do any burpees. Then, at about 80% completed I did a burpee ladder up to 8 reps (sets of 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8) before continuing my run. The shoulders and chest could not handle any more.

At the end it was a bit more than a 2 hour run encompassing approximately 9 miles + 36 burpees. Running is not my strong suit and I still did not finish my entire route. Eventually I will be able to run the entire route with 2 burpee ladders included. That is the goal.

Sunday I hit the gym for a Total Body routine but only had interest in competing 2 circuits which took about 30 minutes. Not a good showing but considering the Saturday run I call it a good weekend.

Weighed in at 201 pounds.

Total Body Routine:

Warm Up:

Total Body Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.

In between each set do 10 core exercises (sit-ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross over sit ups, v-ups) and at the end of each circuit do 10 burpees.

No comments:

Post a Comment