Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Upped to 8 pound weights on burpees / Chest & Back day

Good is that I went from holding 5 pound dumbbells during burpees to 8 pounds. Also, found my zen and matched or increased weight on all exercises.

Bad is that I took 75 minutes when I want to get closer to 60 and that my weight is at 202. Significant changes to my diet coming soon. I need to completely eliminate carbs & glutens to drop weight.
Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine -15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.
Incorporate 10 core reps in between each set and 10 burpees (w/ 8 pounds dumbbells in each hand) at the end of each circuit:

Notes / Results:

  • Time: 75 minutes. Need to get to 60 but my excuse is that I had a lot on my mind and was glad to find my zen during my time at the gym.
  • Weight: 202 pounds. I have been eating rice with lunch, whole grain oatmeal in the morning and snacking too much on peanuts at night. This all needs to come to an end. Back to a stricter paleo diet.
  • Decline Bench Press - max 6 reps @ 175 (65 each side + 45 pound bar) on 5th circuit. Previous was 165. May try to go higher here next time.
  • Rear Lateral Raise - Max 6 reps @ 35 pounds on 5th circuit. Matched a high on weight. Last time could only do 5 reps.
  • Dips - max 6 reps with 10 pounds on 5th circuit. East to do and need to move up in weight here although I did have trouble with these in the past and this represents a major advancement.
  • Pull Ups - 5 reps on all 5 circuits using a rope. Great progress since previous max was 4 reps on first 2 circuits and 3 on the last 3.
  • EZ Bar Pull Over - max 3 reps @ 85 pounds (35 each side + 15 pound EZ Bar) on 5th circuit. Huge improvement of 15 pounds over last max.

No comments:

Post a Comment