Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Increased Sit Up Weights / 60 burpees (50 with 8 pound dumbbells) / Arms & Shoulders

Increased weight for sit ups from 2 ½ pound to 5. Originally, the idea for putting a plate behind my head was not for the weight but so that I would not cheat on sit ups and bring my hands in front of my ears. Now, it is a way to increase intensity.

Was able to hit my max or take max weight to new level on all exercises.

Weight holding at 200. I am a little disappointed since the goal was to get to 195 by Thanksgiving. I am making changes to my diet to push past this plateau.

Warm Up:

Arms & Shoulders Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.

Incorporate 10 core reps in between each set and 10 burpees (w/ 8 pounds dumbbells in each hand) at the end of each circuit:

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 200. Making diet changes.
  • Time: 60 minutes. Interesting since I did this in 50 last time and I really did not mess around in between sets today.
  • Barbell Shoulder Press - max 4 reps @ 85 pounds on 5th circuit. Previous max was 6 reps @ 75 pounds on 5th circuit.
  • Bar Curl - max 6 reps @ 80 pounds (27.5 each side + 15 pound EZ bar) on 5th circuit. Increase over 75 last time.
  • Dumbbell Front Raise - max 6 reps @ 45 pounds on 5th circuit. Increase from max of 40 pounds last time.
  • Lying Triceps Extension - max 6 reps @ 85 pounds on 5th circuit. Did it comfortable but not ready to move up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment