Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Being flexible & playing nice with others / Leg Day

Nothing too exciting to report today besides a good workout. I will pat myself on the back for being flexible since the bar I needed to use for the barbell squats were being used by others when I wanted to use them so I did my workout in reverse and asked to work in when I had to. On the 5th circuit I did my burpees before the barbell squats to accomodate.
Warm Up:

Leg Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.


Incorporate 10 core reps in between each set and 10 burpees (w/ 8 pounds dumbbells in each hand) at the end of each circuit:

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 201. Made the last of the rice at my home and will be rockin it Paleo style until Christmas.
  • Time: 70 minutes. I kept a decent pace.
  • Barbell Squats: Max 6 reps @ 120 (37.5 pounds each side + 45 pound bar) on 5th circuit with full range of motion. I have room to increase weight a lot here but want to do it gradually since I am focusing on full range.  
  • Barbell Deadlift: max 6 reps @ 235 (95 each side with 45 pound bar) on 5th circuit. Increased weight over last time and ready to go higher.
  • Machine Calf Extension: max 6 reps @ 175 on 5th circuit. I continue to increase weight on this exercise.
  • Dumbbell Step Up: max 6 reps @ 40 (each hand) on 5th circuit. Had hit this high before but now I am ready to get to try 45 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment