Thursday, November 7, 2013

Brutal Leg Day - Added Dumbbells to Burpees

The headline says it all. Brutal day but got through all 5 circuits of Leg Day. Also, I added 5 pound dumbbells to my burpees to increase the intensity of the workout. In preparing for the Spartan Beast some of the obstacles that I have heard about are making me nervous. Specifically the rope traverse across the river and swimming across the river, climbing up a rope and then swinging across to a bell. If I am unable to complete these obstacles I am going to need to be a burpee machine.

Warm Up:

Incorporate 10 core reps in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit:

Leg Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 75 minutes. Good results but this workout was brutal for me and I honestly did not rest too much. Still need to get the time down.
  • Weight: 200. Back to where I was before the food binge. Still good on the diet so fingers crossed that I will be under 200 when I weigh myself at the gym on Sunday.

  • Goblet Squat - max 6 reps @ 65 pounds on 5th circuit. Huge jump in personal record here and I can go higher next time.
  • Side Lunge - max 6 reps @ 35 on 5th circuit. Another record and ready to go higher.
  • Forward & Reverse Lunge - max 6 reps @ 35 pounds on 3rd circuit. Another big jump in personal record and again ready to go higher.
  • Step Ups - Max 6 reps @ 40 pounds on 5th circuit. This matched a previous personal high but now I am ready to start heavier and end heavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment