Sunday, November 24, 2013

Saturday 30 burpees *3 Inside ~7 mile run / Sunday Kettlebell Workout **New**

Saturday I did a good portion of my long run. Actually shorter than the previous 2 weeks but in keeping with Spartan Race’s 30 Burpees a Day for 30 days Challenge, I stopped at three different points and did 30 burpees for a total of 90. I estimate I ran a bit over 7 miles.
On Sunday in the gym I did a new workout to change things up. After completing it I really feel the hurt in the “connecting muscles” and not the major muscle groups  like quads, biceps, etc. I liked it and will make kettlebell workouts a part of the rotation. I have 3.
This Kettlebell workout came from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from this trainer’s YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.
Warm Up:


Notes / Results:
  • 55 minute workout. Good time
  • 200 pounds
  • Turkish Get Ups - max @ 12kg.
  • Kettlebell Swings - max @ 50 pounds
  • Reverse Lunges - max @ 12 kg
  • High Pulls - max @35 pounds
  • Kettlebell Squats - max @ 35 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment