Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday Run with Hills, Staircase of Death & Burpee Ladder

Today I did the longer leg of my run that includes the hill and the Staircase of Death. There are 12 platforms on the staircase so I guess that is 6 stories high? Anyway, I am not sure that it is the Staircase of Death anymore for me. It was when I started running up it.

At a park closer to the beginning of the run I stopped and did a burpee ladder (sets of 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1). This was before the hill and the staircase.

Total time was 1 hour, 30 minutes. I could have gone longer but I was feeling strained in my left leg and this is an improvement over last week when I did the burpee ladder within a run for the first time but did it on the shorter leg of my long run. Next week will be the burpee ladder, hill, Staircase of Death and longer run for time. Or maybe another burpee ladder. Who knows. I really need to get to a 3 hour workout so I should probably be lowering the intensity to do that. But, I am enjoying what I am doing so I will keep doing it. 

Note to self: when I was running and felt strain in my left leg I noticed that running faster helped it. The pain in the leg also went away going up the staircase. I am convinced that the pain is from repetitive use of one place on the body so a shift in running style changes the muscles used and impact. So, running faster is resting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment