Friday, November 8, 2013

Battling Toes to Bar - Chest & Back Day

Glad to get this one in. Being that it is Friday, I did do it at a more relaxed pace causing the workout to be 70 minutes instead of the 60 minute goal. Also, teetering on 199 pounds but still at 200. As long as I can resist the donuts in the office kitchen I should break through 200 in time for my Sunday gym weigh in.

I have been increasing the intensity of my workouts by changing from leg ups to hanging leg ups and toes to bar. Actually, I am doing knees to chest, then a toes to bar. The reality is that I am not getting the toes to the bar every time and the last two days I am getting in 6 reps instead of the 10 rep goal. This is a work in progress and I will get there.

Good news is that I am still doing the routine burpees (not the arm up burpees) with 5 pound dumbbells. I am not exhausted yet so I see myself continuing with this and moving up to 8 pound weights in the near future.
Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.
Incorporate 10 core reps in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit:

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 200. Teetering on 199. I will get there by end of weekend.
  • Time: 70 minutes. Could have done this in 60 if I really pushed myself.
  • Incline Bench Press - max 6 reps @ 155 (55 each side + bar) on 5th circuit. Moved up in weight from last time and am ready to move up in weight again.
  • Underhand Lateral Pull Downs - max 6 reps @ 195 on 5th circuit. Holding here. Since someone else was on the lat pulldown machine on and off I did 2 sets of towel pull ups. 5 reps each time which is an improvement over the 3 or 4 that I can usually do.
  • Decline Dumbbell Flys -max 6 reps @ 40 on 5th circuit. Matched a previous high but not ready to advance weight here yet.
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Row - max 6 reps @ 70 on 5th circuit. This also matches a high and I hit it on the 4th circuit. 75 on the 5th circuit was too hard to handle today so I did another 70 pound set.

No comments:

Post a Comment