Thursday, November 28, 2013

Added Toes to Bar Challenge, Towel Pull Ups, Kettlebell V-Ups to Leg Day

Happy Thanksgiving! Got my workout in and am now ready to drink, eat and completely blow up my diet. I had a goal of hitting 195 pounds by today and I weighed in at 201 so we will get back to the drawing board tomorrow.

I am now part of the Toes to Bar challenge and got day 1 completed. Also did more than my share of burpees for the 30 burpees a day challenge.

Also, added Towel Pulls ups into the mid set ab routine. Right now I can only do 5 in a set but working on increasing that to 10.

Finally, increased intensity on the V-Ups by adding a 4kg kettlebell.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - 15 reps 1st circuit, 12 reps for 2nd, 10 reps for 3rd, 8 reps for 4th, 6 reps for 5th moving up in weight on each circuit. Do 5 circuits.


Incorporate 10 core reps in between each set and 10 burpees (w/ 8 pounds dumbbells in each hand) at the end of each circuit:



Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 201. Wanted to be at 195 by today but that obviously did not happen. Diet changes are being made.
  • Time: 70 minutes. Last time was 75 minutes. Should be at 60 but this is 5 minutes better than last time.  
  • Overhead Squat - max 6 reps @ 75 pounds on 5th circuit. Improvement over last time when I maxed at 65. Can still go higher here.
  • Deadlift - max 6 reps @ 195 (150 + bar) on 5th circuit. Moved up by 10 pounds here and can go higher next time.
  • Squat Cleans - max 6 reps @ 75 on 5th circuit. Ready to move up here since I have maxed at this weight before.
  • Straight Leg Deadlift - max 5 reps @ 195 (150 + bar) on 5th circuit. Moved up in weight here but my arms gave out.

No comments:

Post a Comment