Sunday, December 21, 2014

Last Deadlift & Squat for the year - maybe

I didn’t kill it today and it looks like I will fall behind in my monthly 1RM goals but that is okay. Due to life’s stress I am not getting the rest I need and that would help but I guess that I should also take into account that my body does need to take the occasional step back for the several steps that I am taking forward.

The goal was to add 15 pounds to my deadlift 1RM but I only got to 2 reps of my 95%. I guess that is not bad. I then did a 250 with 50% on squats. I have an upper body day tomorrow and then am basically traveling for the next week so big lifting is out of the question. We shall see if a good rest helps with progress. Otherwise I am comfortable with where I am at and will most probably not abandon strength focused training when conditioning starts in the spring.

Warm Up:

Strength Exercises

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Weight: 202

  • Deadlift
    • Previous High: 2@325
    • Sets: 12@245, 10@260, 6@290, 2@310
  • Squats
    • 250 @ 105

No comments:

Post a Comment