Thursday, December 4, 2014

Squats, Deadlifts & Conviction

Continue to make progress mainly with more reps at the same load. I did increase my squat on a 6th set and did 2 good reps before my back started to give out and I almost went forward on my 3rd rep.

As much as I remain thoughtful about not leaning forward to get down lower on my squats, I am probably not since I now know what it is like to lean forward. think that I do too much leaning forward.

On my 6th set in the deadlift I tried a new PR of 325 and could not move the bar. Glad that I got 3 good reps in at 315 on the 5th set.

Yesterday I got into a back and forth with some beachbody coaches which just reinforces my conviction that I know where I am, exactly where I need to go, and how I need to get there. If I was just working out for overall health P90X and Beachbody may be a great program for me but it does not fit into my training at this time.

The whole conversation started because I wanted to learn more about nutritional cleansing. After doing a little research I found that cleansing involves calorie restriction, This should not be a part of my diet whil I am trying to build lean muscle mass. In the spring when I shift to conditioning then it may be best that I use 1 active rest day a week to only eat raw fruits and vegetables and drink only water. This is a way of dipping my toes into the cleansing water and would help me cut fat.



Warm Up:

Strength Exercises

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 55 minutes
  • Weight: 202

  • Squats
    • Previous High:3@185
    • 12@145, 8@150, 8@165, 5@175, 3@185, 2@190
  • Deadlift
    • Previous High: 3@315
    • Sets: 9@245, 7@255, 6@275, 5@305, 3@315

No comments:

Post a Comment