Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Upper Body Strength - Progress

I really am trying to hit my monthly goals but it looks like, although I am making progress, I won’t hit them this month and may not even get back to my previous high. That's okay. I am putting in the work consistently, pushing myself, and playing this as if it is a marathon and not a sprint. That said, I am happy with my progress with pull ups which were the exercise goal that I didn’t hit last month. I am still not at December 1st’s goal of 6 but I am at a solid 5.

Now that I am writing this after putting in the numbers, I did hit a new PR for the press. I may not hit my goal this month but I did lift more than I ever have before. I am still behind on the bench press and I am really ready to add load to pull ups.

Didn’t do rows today so I will make sure to hit them hard on Sunday. To make up for it I did 5 dips in between sets of pull ups. I may consider doing supersets of TRX rows when I am pressed for time again, or do dips since they are important. Thinking out loud. Again, putting in the work will make all of the difference. I am doing it and I am making progress.

Warm Up:

Strength Exercises

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 55 minutes
  • Weight: 203

  • Press
    • Previous High: 3@115
    • Sets: 10@90, 8@95, 6@100, 5@105, 3@110, 3@115, 1@120
  • Bench Press
    • Previous high: 2@170
    • Sets: 10@140, 7@145, 4@150, 4@155, 2@160
  • Pull Ups
    • Previous High: 5
    • 5, 5c, 4s, 4s, 4c, 2

No comments:

Post a Comment