Sunday, December 28, 2014

Barbell 250s

This is my holiday vacation week and I really can’t get to the gym with any regularity. This is good since I have been peaking with most of my lifts and my body really does need me to take a step back in order to recover. On the third day off I was incredibly achy. Not sore that I couldn’t move around but everything in my body hurt and I had trouble sleeping because of it. On the fourth day I ran the two mile loop at my parent’s house and can be pleased with my ten minute mile pace. Not the distance or duration, but the pace. Writing this blog entry in the morning before I tackle a run in Houston, the goal is to keep a ten minute mile pace for the three mile loop that is near the in law’s house in Houston.

After arriving home from Maryland and before jetting off to Houston, I was able to get one gym session in. What to do? I have one day and then won’t be back until Thursday. 250s! They take less time than regular full sets meaning that I can get all of my exercises in and they are less taxing on the nervous system. They also have the cardio element to them and that is important lately as my diet is not very good since I am surrounded my holiday treats.

As a reminder, 250s means that you do 50 reps of the exercise with two 60 second breaks allowed. I start with 50% of my 1RM. I am finding this manageable and need to move up in weight although I was gassed and not able to do as much toward the end of the workout as I was in the beginning.

Warm Up:

Strength Exercises

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 65 minutes
  • Weight: 204

  • Bench Press: 250 @ 85
  • Squats: 250 @ 105 (only needed one rest - already did this weight and should have moved up)
  • Press: 250 @ 60
  • Deadlift: 3 sets of 10 @ 165 (this was rough)
  • Pull Ups / Dips: 4, 4c, 3s, MB
  • TRX Rows: 3 sets of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment