Thursday, July 9, 2015

Body Weight Conditioning

Still resting, recovering and preparing for Saturday so when I came across a full body body weight conditioning workout  I decided to do it. Good workout since it activated all of my muscle groups but if/when I do it again I will have some modifications. 

Plan going forward with this is to carry my duffle bag to the park (weighted carry / rucking), do this, and then ruck home. The full HIIT workout is only 10 minutes long. 

The active/rest periods are 45 seconds to 15 seconds. I could only get through 7 of the 10 exercises. This may be because I am dragging lately but may also be because it is a 3:1 work to rest ratio and I am more accustomed to to 2:1 work to rest ratio. Next time I will modify to 30:15 and progress from there to 35, 40, 45.

The more that I think about it, the more that I am disappointed in myself. I really need to pick up my game. I need to make a serious push to kill it at the VT Beast. This should be an easy workout.

Warm Up:

  • 50 Jumping Jacks
  • 40 Squats
  • 30 Sit Ups
  • 20 Push Ups
  • 10 Burpees


Workout - 45 on, 15 rest

  • Push Ups
  • Hill CLimbers
  • Burpees w/o push up
  • Squats
  • V-Ups
  • Rows
  • Knees 2 Elbows / Toes 2 Bar
  • Jump Squats ** I stopped here
  • Back Bridge
  • Jumping Lunges

No comments:

Post a Comment