Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Upper - Push/Row & HS/Pike - Week 2 of 8

Got good work in today and really killed my chest. I like these apps for quick finisher routines but continue to fall back to basics with full body tabata and burpees. I guess there is nothing wrong with that.

Time: 7:34

Warm Up:

  • 50 Jumping Jacks
  • 40 Squats
  • 30 Sit Ups
  • 20 Push Ups
  • 10 Burpees


Time: 7:42

5x5 1 Arm Push Up Progressions & Rows with 4# Weight Vest

  • I tried a negative 1 arm push up and didn't come close. Did 5 sets of 1 arm with the other arm on a low bar.
  • Going side to side with Rows I wasn't able to do 5 reps on each side on the 5th set. I guess that means that I am making progress since the exercises are getting harder


Time: 8

Handstands & Pike Push Ups

  • Handstands up against a fence: 30, 30, 22, 18, 30 - not going for balance but for stabilization. Tried a little balance and am getting better at it but I am not there yet.
  • Pike Push Ups: 4, 4, 2, 2, 3


Time: 8:23


  • 1 minute of Spartan Chest exercises. 20 seconds on / 10 seconds rest. Tough after an upper body workout


Kung Fu Tabata (30/15 for 10 rounds)

  • Squats
  • Lunges
  • Archer Squats
  • Push Ups
  • V-Ups


Time: 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment