Monday, July 20, 2015

Killington Countdown - Week 1/8 #2 - Upper Body

Adding the Killington Countdown to my workout headlines so that I don't forget what I am training for. I have no idea if I am in better shape than last year so I had better not slack off and really prepare for the battle that lies ahead of me. This will also keep me motivated through the hot, dog days of summer. 

I was supposed to do a long run yesterday but my legs were killing me after Saturday's Kung Fu workout. The 100 body weight squats + 100 archer squats (each side) + 40 body weight squats as part of my warm up really killed my legs. I was still hurting today and it was tough to get going. I am hoping that this is all due to the rest I gave myself and that I will be fine once I get back into the groove.

The new workout routine is going to include more conditioning work at the end of the strength workout. I am keeping track of time and finding my warm up to be about 8 minutes which gives me about 35 minutes for strength training and 15 minutes for conditioning. Since I am eliminating conditioning days I will see if I can get more sessions in overall during the week. 

I am also adding a weight vest to my pulls & dips and my push & rows. I want to continue to improve my upper body strength game. I have made improvements but still have a lot of work to do.

Start time: 7:30

Warm Up: 

  • 50 Jumping Jacks
  • 40 Squats
  • 30 Sit Ups
  • 20 Push Ups
  • 10 Burpees


Time: 7:38 - 8 minutes


  • Pull Ups: Was in the 2 -3 range with different grips. Finished each set with 4 second negatives
  • Dips: Had a problem the first couple of sets with the bar in front so I did parallel bar dips of 6 reps. Finally got back to 5 reps on forward bar


Time: 8:03 - 25 minutes


  • Back Bridge: Got up & into it easily the first 4 times and sets 2 - 4 even did 2 - 3 push ups from bridge position. Couldn't get into position for 5th set
  • HLR: I had no grip strength. 5, 6, 7 reps on Hanging Leg Raises was all that I could muster


Time; 8:21 - 18 minutes

Full Body Conditioning 30/15:

  • Push Ups
  • Hill Climbers
  • Burpees w/o Push Up
  • Squats
  • Sit Ups
  • Rows
  • Jump Squats
  • Plank
  • Jumping Lunges
  • Knees 2 Elbows


Time: 8:30 - 9 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment