Friday, July 3, 2015

Cut Run Short

I woke up dragging but went out to do my long run anyway. Very early into it my legs felt heavy which I thought that i could run through but when I started to feel a pain in my ankle I shut iit down for the day. The most important thing is to be 100% for next Saturday so I will stick with tomorrow being a rest day and then go light strength on Sunday (less sets/more reps of lighter resistance), rest Monday, conditioning Wednesday, light strength Thursday, rest Friday, race Saturday.

I have pride in the fact that, through experience, I have learned how to listen to my body and rest/taper before an event. Hopefully this works. At least I have an idea of how to plan.

Run Distance: 1.42 miles / Miles for Week: 5.9 / Goal for Week: 14 miles ** not going to hit it
Run Time: 13:47
Pace: 9:40

No comments:

Post a Comment