Thursday, July 30, 2015

Leg Day - Week 2/8

I am feeling the breakdown in my glutes and low back. This is good as I am building my posterior chain. That said, I did do as much as I wanted to do today although I did get a good workout in.

I will also note that I read an article on preparing for the Vermont Beast for a beginner and it talked about practicing power hiking. Now, I have been avoiding going to Ramapo Reservation (last week and trying to back out of it again this week) but I need to do it. It trains me for the terrain. What I have to keep in mind is that I don't have to run it. I have to complete it. That is my plan for Saturday. Get there early and just get out and do it without worrying about time or what percentage of the trail I actually run. That will do me more good than anything else. That and lunges.

Time: 7:34

Warm Up:

  • 50 Jumping Jacks
  • 40 Squats
  • 30 Sit Ups
  • 20 Push Ups
  • 10 Burpees


Time: 7:43

Sandbag Circuit:

  • Lunges: 5, 5, 10
  • Back Squat: 10, 5, 5
  • Step Ups: 5, 10
  • Front Squats: 5, 5

** Did 2 & 1/2 circuits until I crapped out. 

Time: 8:16

Tried to do a full body circuit but it just was not meant to be. Called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment